Peter J. Ahn, M.D. Joins RIA
Posted on: 07/01/2010
Radiology Imaging Associates is pleased to announce that Peter J. Ahn, M.D.joined the RIA team of American Board of Radiology certified radiologists July 1, 2010.
After a BA degree in Chemistry at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY, Dr. Ahn received his medical degree from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland, and completed his residency at the Madigan Army Medical College in Tacoma, Washington. Peter’s post-graduate training includes:
1. Diagnostic Radiology Residency, Madigan Army Medical Center, 1997 - 2001
2. Transitional Internship, Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical, 1993
Dr. Ahn has received numerous academic achievements and awards including:
1. Dean’s List Cornell University
2. Diplomat of the National Board of Medial Examiners of the USA
3. The American Board of Radiology Physics Exam, passed in top 10%
4. The American Board of Radiology Diagnostic Exam, passed in top 14%
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
Dr. Ahn is American College of Radiology Board Certified in Diagnostic Radiology, and is licensed to practice medicine in Maryland and Virginia.
PROFESSIONAL / EXPERIENCE
Dr. Ahn is a member of the American College of Radiology and the Radiological Society of North America. He has extensive experience in Diagnostic Radiology including MR, CT, ultrasound and breast imaging.
Return to News
First author of CASE REPORT published in American Journal of Radiology, Ahn, et al. Distended Thoracic Duct and Diffuse Lymphangiectasia Caused by Bancroftian Filariasis. AJR 2005; 185: 1011-1014.